Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Firewalling DCOM and brethren

From: David C Niemi <niemi () tux org>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 21:11:01 -0500 (EST)

It looks like I am about to involuntarily have an experience with trying to
lock down a very Microsoft-centric IIS web server which is tied to an
internal server via DCOM, Active Server Pages, and Microsoft Transaction
Server.  It obviously makes me rather nervous, but politically we may have
to do it anyway.  Has anyone out there seriously analyzed DCOM, ASP, and/or
MTS from a security standpoint who is willing to talk about it?

David
Niemi () tux org           703-810-5538          Reston, Virginia, USA
    "Down that path lies madness.  On the other hand, the road to
     hell is paved with melting snowballs."  --  Larry Wall, 1992