Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Outsourcing Firewalls/Internet Security count

From: "Safier, Adam (GEIS)" <Adam.Safier () geis ge com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 21:20:52 -0500

How many people received a query or had a chief security officer / CIO
express an interest outsourcing their Firewall / security management?
(Not just your CIO, which you should not admit to if he did, but service
queries as well.)

My hand is up... How about a major (but nameless) ISP wanting firewalls
managed for 100+ business clients......

Respondent Count        Requests by different entities
        1                                       3

This is not an official survey but I will try to tally the count over a
couple weeks to see if my experience is a fluke or if there is a real
demand for outsourcing security.

Please cc: Adam.Safier () geis ge com  with replies that include counts.

Adam S