Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

MeasureOne

From: "Theodore J. August" <theodore.august () SALVE EDU>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 16:38:39 +0000

Dear EDUCAUSE Security List Colleagues,

We monitoring some unsual activity in relation to an organization named MeasureOne that claims to have technology to
verify students are enrolled at our institution.  I was wondering if anyone else has experience dealing with this
organization ā€“ they seem to be a data broker to other companies and organizations that wish to verify students are
eligible for student discounts and special offers.  Thanks in advance ā€“ and Iā€™m willing to go into more technical
details off-list if neccesary.  šŸ˜Š

Sincerely,

ā€”
Ted August
Assistant Director of Cybersecurity and Compliance
Office of Information Technology
Salve Regina University