Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: [External] [SECURITY] Google Workspace for Education domain shared files

From: Rich Graves <rcgraves () GMAIL COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 13:36:36 -0500

What they said.

For anyone in the buy versus build camp, CloudLock (and competitors) had
some really good options for this sort of thing five years ago. I bet
they’ve gotten better. Cisco hired some former higher ed people I would
trust not to break it too badly. They are reactive in batch, versus the
mandatory controls discussed here, but they tended to find policy
violations within a few hours. Their response options are pretty advanced.