Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Emeriti Faculty Licensing

From: "Carter, Cyrus B" <carter () CAMPBELL EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 15:47:33 +0000

I was curious about what you said. I found this article.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/manage-graduating-student-licenses-and-content-in-microsoft-365-education-ba3142c7-fa7d-46d2-9efd-f1ee751cd400

basically If the institution wishes to maintain the email for alumni they can. But keeping the specific student license
is not part of the deal.  This part below is FREE part that may be what was referenced by our Vendor regarding alumni.

  *   Inform students that after moving documents out of their school OneDrive for work or school, they can continue to
access and edit with free Office for the web after leaving school.

Thank You,
Rusty Carter

[campbell]
Application Developer/Analyst
IT Services,
Buies Creek NC 27506
Voice (910) 814-4764
Fax (910) 893-1895
carter () campbell edu<mailto:carter () campbell edu>