Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Update on the EDUCAUSE Security Professionals Conference

From: Brian Kelly <bkelly () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 20:41:31 +0000

Jim and I posted this update earlier today in the thread “Re: Conference in April – concerns?”.
I wanted to repost as a new thread to maximize reach.

Brian

Hello All,
We’re writing to provide you with an update on the EDUCAUSE Security Professionals Conference.  We understand many of
you are trying to make travel plans, and it is our goal to get updated information to you as it becomes available.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Please know that our executive team is carefully monitoring developments related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). While we
are preparing contingencies, at this time we are planning to proceed with the Security Professionals Conference. As a
precautionary measure, EDUCAUSE is actively working with the hotel in Bellevue to increase sanitization practices and
healthy habits, and hand sanitizer stations will be made available throughout the venue. Please be assured that your
health and safety is our top priority.
Should we receive information that would prompt us to make adjustments to our event schedule, we will immediately
notify you and all impacted parties. The conference home
page<https://events.educause.edu/security-professionals-conference/2020> now includes a statement from EDUCAUSE on
COVID-19 (direct link: https://www.educause.edu/covid-19). We remain committed to keeping attendees safe and informed.
We know the current uncertainties may delay conference registrations, so we have extended the early-bird registration
deadline for SEC20 through Monday, March 30 (The previous deadline was March 10). The registration page has been
updated to reflect the new deadline: https://events.educause.edu/security-professionals-conference/2020/registration
We will continue to keep you updated regarding any potential changes to the conference.
Best regards,
Jim Burnett and Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly, CISSP, CISM, CEH
Director, Cybersecurity Program

Jim Burnett
Senior Director, Membership

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
282 Century Place, Suite 5000, Louisville, CO 80027
direct: 720.406.6747 | mobile: 720.252.9952 | main: 303.449.4430 | fax: 303.440.0461 | educause.edu
[w Jim Burnett's LinkedIn profile] Connect on LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jim-burnett/0/483/66a>

Become a Member
Discover membership<https://www.educause.edu/about/discover-membership> – benefits include event discounts, a vast
library of resources, and valuable peer networks

Become an EDUCAUSE Ambassador
Program Details<https://www.educause.edu/about/discover-membership/educause-ambassador-program> – Connect colleagues
with resources