Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Interesting Research

From: Gael Frouin <gfrouin () BERKLEE EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 16:27:35 -0400

Instead of storing the password in plain text, wouldn't it be better to run
the quality checks on the password upon registration of the account (or
password change)?
If your quality rules are defined and assess prior to storage, you would
eliminate the risk of insecure storage while maintaining the ability to
report on the password quality criteria that were defined.
Gaël

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 16:24 Hiram Wong <hiram.wong () domail maricopa edu>