Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Fake Diplomas

From: "Hart, Michael" <mhart20 () MSUDENVER EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 20:24:57 +0000

Our Marketing team and Legal forwarded me a link to a site offering fake MSU Denver diplomas:

degreemall.wordpress.com/2018/12/11/how-to-buy-a-fake-degree-from-metropolitan-state-university-of-denver-online?/

The parent site degreemall.wordpress.com seems to cover a lot of institutions.  I’ve reached out to the
en.wordpress/abuse page, but they are missing a category for fraud/illegal activity.

Has anyone else had this reported for their institution?  If so, have you had any luck getting a response from
Wordpress?

Mike Hart  | CISO, Director of ITS Security, Infrastructure, and Networking
Metropolitan State University of Denver
Information Technology Services
Campus Box 96, P.O. Box 173362, Denver, CO 80217-3362
Admin Building - 1201 5th Street 480E  Denver, CO 80204
303-615-0541 (Office)
303-352-7548 (Help Desk)
mhart20 () msudenver edu<mailto:mhart20 () msudenver edu> |
www.msudenver.edu/technology<http://www.msudenver.edu/technology>

[University_Formal_2CPos184x]