Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: KnowBe4 Training and Phishing Sim

From: "Williams, David" <david.williams () DCCCD EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 17:04:13 +0000

Chris,

We recently purchased the Platinum level for all the customization options, additional awareness modules, posters, etc.
 We will make the Kevin Mitnick module mandatory along with department specific mandatory training (e.g., PCI, GDPR,
FERPA, GLB).

We had planned to roll out KB4 soon after the 12th class day.  However, our ADA compliance team reviewed the VPAT and
had several questions.  Upon inquiry with our customer care representative, he stated KB4 will not be totally ADA
compliant until Q22019.  Our rollout is on hold for mandatory training until this issue can be resolved.

How are others are dealing with KB4’s ADA non-compliance?   Although we are a large institution (>7,500 employees), we
are considering working individually with those that cannot be accommodated by KB4.

Regards,

David Williams
Chief Information Privacy & Security Officer
Director, Risk Management
Dallas County Community College District (DCCCD)
District Service Center (DSC)
4343 IH 30
Mesquite, Texas  75150-2018
david.williams () dcccd edu<mailto:david.williams () dcccd edu>
972.860.7793 (phone)
972.860.7929 (fax)
www.dcccd.edu<http://www.dcccd.edu/>
[Twitter Icon]<https://twitter.com/CIPSODCCCD>  [Small LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidrwilliamscisa>

[https://myportal.dcccd.edu/SiteCollectionImages/Nov2016Images/Email%20Sig/DCCCD_Email_Signature.jpg]
NOTICE: This communication, including attachments, may contain information that is confidential and protected by the
attorney/client or other privileges. It constitutes non-public information intended to be conveyed only to the
designated recipient(s). If the reader or recipient of this communication is not the intended recipient, an employee or
agent of the intended recipient who is responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, or you believe that you
have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and promptly delete
this e-mail, including attachments without reading or saving them in any manner. The unauthorized use, dissemination,
distribution, or reproduction of this e-mail, including attachments, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Receipt by
anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is not a waiver of any attorney/client or other privilege