Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Anyone using Microsoft Direct Access?

From: David Curry <david.curry () NEWSCHOOL EDU>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2018 11:55:40 -0400

We're looking for a new VPN solution, and with a soon-to-be-implemented
remote work/work from home policy, we're focusing on the simplicity of the
end-user experience. Traditional VPN clients (including SSL VPN) are okay,
but have a pretty clunky user experience.

One possibility we've been kicking around is Microsoft Direct Access, or a
Direct Access-like solution such as Celestix.

Is anyone using Direct Access, or something that works in a similar way, as
a VPN solution? Do you have a way to support clients that aren't running
Windows Enterprise, such as Windows Home editions, Macs,
iPhones/iPads/Androids?

Thanks,
--Dave

--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
*DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY*

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728 • david.curry () newschool edu

[image: The New School]