Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Systems Access Policy

From: "Madl, Michael" <michael.madl () INDWES EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 13:30:13 +0000

Good morning,

Do your respective universities allow faculty new hires access to systems prior to their hire date for the purposes of
building LMS course shells in preparation for their classes?

I understand why some institutions may do this ‘but’ I do see inherit risks with setting up accounts prior to official
start dates.  Accounts can be set up with limited access to start then further loosened after the start date but that
creates double work and more of an administrative nightmare.

If you could elaborate on any experiences, polices or thoughts around this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!