Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: HECVAT Security Assessment Question

From: Rob Milman <rob.milman () SAIT CA>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 18:48:10 +0000

Hi Andy,

We conduct a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) as part of any projects that affect personal data as defined by the
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act here in Alberta. I'm not sure if Ontario has similar legislation.
It is not legislated for public institutions, but our Privacy Officer has asked that we complete them for transparency
and to show that we have considered the risks.

Regards,

Rob Milman
Security & Compliance Analyst
Information Systems

Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
EH Crandell Building, GA 214
1301 – 16 Avenue NW, Calgary AB, T2M 0L4

(Office) 403.774.5401  (Cell) 403.606.3173
rob.milman () sait ca