Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: New Employee Security Training

From: "Carroll, Tim" <Carrolltd () ROANESTATE EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 11:40:58 +0000

Thomas,

We require annual Cyber Security training of all employees.  We use the SANS Securing the Human training.  We divide
employees into training groups depending on the training needed.  Some groups of employees need additional training
modules based on roles such as PCI-DSS, Red Flag Rules, etc.  The basic modules are mandatory as are the role base
training for special groups.  Securing the Human also allows us to embed a mandatory review of local policies with an
acknowledgement to satisfy auditors.  Finally, Securing the Human provides optional modules that cover Cyber Security
training for home users.

Cost is reasonable, even for a small to medium Community College.

Regards,

Timothy D. Carroll
Timothy D. Carroll
Assistant Vice President and Chief Information Officer
Information Technology
Roane State Community College