Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

New Employee Security Training

From: Thomas Carter <tcarter () AUSTINCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 19:32:46 +0000

Does anyone do IT security training as part of on-boarding new employees? If so, what do you cover? Who does the
training (IT, HR, or?)? When is the training done? How well does it seem to work for you? What would you do differently?

We would like to implement something like this, but are afraid of overwhelming a new employee during their HR
orientation. Something done a week or two later may have a better chance of sticking with the end user, but requires
much more time and organization on our part.

Thomas Carter
Network & Operations Manager / IT
Austin College
900 North Grand Avenue