Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Looking for feedback on endpoint management

From: Isabelle Grey <graham () AMERICAN EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 20:31:36 +0000

We're looking at setting up a new endpoint management platform for university owned Macintosh computers. We currently
have SCCM for server patching/managing Windows computers and we use ServiceNow for ticketing. We're particularly
interested in enforcing Filevault encryption with key escrow, password policies, software updates, and firewall
settings. We'd also like any solution we implement to integrate/play nice with syslog and/or Splunk for log collection.
So we're currently looking at solutions from JAMF and AirWatch. Are there any schools that are running either of these
solutions that can give us feedback on how those solutions are working for you, particularly if you're also running
SCCM and/or ServiceNow?

Thank you.
---
Isabelle Grey