Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Onedrive, backing up, scanning for malware (ransomware)

From: "John R. LaPrad" <jrl () SVSU EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 18:15:33 +0000

Hello colleagues,

We are thinking about promoting Onedrive for business for use on campus, possibly replacing home-drives.  I am
wondering;

*         if anyone is using anything for backup besides Microsoft's  14 day backup,

*         if anyone is using something to scan Onedrive accounts for malware and ransomware

*         if anyone is doing DLP scans of Onedrive accounts

Thanks, I really appreciate any insight that this community of experts can offer.

John LaPrad
Manager of Technical Services
Saginaw Valley State University
989-964-7134