Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Email retention

From: Mark Reboli <mreboli () MISERICORDIA EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 23:37:56 +0000

Hello all,  I am looking for information on what some of you are doing in regards to email retention. We have an
exchange email system and have been reviewing different retention systems to work in concert with it.

Do you utize a retention system?

Which one (we are looking at the barracuda)?

How long do you retain email for employees (how far back)?

Do you view any email as student records ( which would require keeping for a specific period) ?

Do you have an email retention policy? If so can you please share it with me.

Thank you much

Mark Reboli
Misericordia University