Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Timeout for Learning Management Systems

From: Miguel Hernandez <miguel.hernandez () DOMAIL MARICOPA EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 15:41:39 -0700

Colleagues,

My team has been receiving some pushback lately for our 20 minute
inactivity timeout for our LMS (Instructure Canvas) and was wondering what
timeout values you are using.  While it is common practice to see 10,15 or
even 20 minute timeout values for endpoints, I'm trying to get a feeling if
our 20 minute timeout is too short, too long, or just right.  Thanks in
advance.

[image: Maricopa Community Colleges. The college of you.]
<http://www.maricopa.edu/>*Miguel Hernandez IV, Ph.D, CISSP, CISA*

Associate Vice Chancellor ITS, Chief Information Security Officer
 *"Information Security is Everybody's Responsibility"*

This message contains information which may be confidential and/or
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please
notify the sender, delete and do not use or disseminate this information.