Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Veteran's Career Transition Program via Syracuse University (Free training for CISSP, CCNA, Six Signa, etc.)

From: Shawn Merdinger <shawnmer () GMAIL COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 13:24:45 -0400

Really excellent opportunity for veterans and eligible family from
Syracuse University.

http://vets.syr.edu/vctp

<snip>

Thanks for the inquiry! Our Veterans Career Transition Program is
delivered entirely online, at no-cost (it is paid for in entirety by
JP Morgan Chase & Co., so veterans and spouses don’t need to use their
benefits to participate).

•The next class launches on October, 19; the application deadline is
August, 24th.
•Participants will have an assigned advisor while participating in the
program as well.
•We can put them (you) through multiple learning paths (one at a time,
for up to a year), but we can only pay one certification exam fee per
learner.
•You can learn more and apply to the program through our website at
http://vets.syr.edu/vctp.
•Apply to advisor-led program here:
◦Veterans: http://vets.syr.edu/vctpapp
◦Spouses: http://vets.syr.edu/education/employment-programs/vctp-spouses-application/

 Participants can learn about (and in many cases achieve certification
at no-cost in) Project Management, Information Technology, Human
Resources, or basic professional skills (resume/cover letter,
networking, etcetera). A little information about our most-popular
learning and certification pathways is below, but you can view our
entire offering at http://vets.syr.edu/employment/vctp-learning-paths/

</snip>