Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: BCP Representation

From: "Barton, Robert" <bartonrt () LEWISU EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 14:12:56 +0000

Morning,

I used these items elsewhere, but they still apply here.

1.  Invite a members from a larger "faculty committee" and thus they can carry the message back to the larger group.
2.  I have found that they may identify applications we did not know about it (I know, never happens!), adjust your
idea on how applications are used, and adjust critical levels of support.
3.  We directed the invites to groups/individuals with "high tech abilities" (think CompSci, Broadcasting, etc.).  They
tended to be able to straddle the tech side and use side of the equation, and where able to communicate efficiently to
the other committees (whether it was a written or verbal message that needed to be conveyed).
4.  You may want to think of student representation along the same lines (bridge I have not crossed yet).

Robert W. Barton
Director of Information Security
Lewis University
One University Parkway