Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Information Security Training and Conferences

From: David Lundy <dlundy () PACIFIC EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 21:19:14 +0000

Also note that Virginia Tech hosts one SANS course during their Spring Vacation at greatly reduced cost for higher ed.

David Lundy
-----
University of the Pacific
Stockton, CA 95211

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 15, 2015, at 2:05 PM, Ken Connelly <ken.connelly () UNI EDU> wrote:

Of the first five, I'm not sure how useful the EDUCAUSE annual
conference is to security people, but SPC is very good, as are SANS
training (if you can afford it) and BSides things.  I'm not familiar
with Ellucian Live, so will leave that to others for comment.

I'll also make a pitch for REN-ISAC (www.ren-isac.net) if you have
dedicated security staff.  There is an annual member meeting, typically
held in conjunction with SPC, but the real value is the day-to-day
interaction with fellow members and the information available due to
REN-ISAC affiliation with other sources of threat intelligence.

- ken