Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Information Security Training and Conferences

From: Matt Hall <matthew.hall () CHEMEKETA EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 12:32:31 -0700

Security Listserv,

Our college is a little new to designated Information Security employees.
Because of this, we are not fluent on what trainings and conferences that
Information Security employees should be attending.  So, my question is,
what kind of trainings and conferences do other Information Security
employees attend?  What are your favorite trainings/conferences?  Would you
not recommend certain ones?

We have done some trainings and conferences in the past.  Some examples are:

   - Educause Annual Conference
   - Educause Security Professionals Conference
   - Ellucian Live
   - SANS Training
   - Local Security BSides

I am also looking into:

   - ISC2 Security Congress
   - Black Hat/Defcon

Thank you for other information that you can offer.

*Matthew Hall*
Information Security - Team Lead
*Chemeketa Community College*
*Phone*: (503) 584-7586
*Email:* Matthew.Hall () chemeketa edu

*Thank you for your help in making Chemeketa Safe and Secure!*