Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Data Security laws by state

From: "Wayne S. Martin" <MartinW () BRCC EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 17:05:18 +0000

Greetings,

Is anyone aware of a dedicated effort to identify and analyze data security and breach laws across the states. Ideally,
this effort would yield insights into commonalities and differences, areas of concern by region, and maybe inform
evolving best practices. I have attempted an informal review and analysis and quickly came to the conclusion that an
organized focused activity would be a better approach. I am hoping I do not need to reinvent the wheel.

Wayne S. Martin
Information Security Officer
Blue Ridge Community College