Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

802.1x on Wired networks

From: Eric Weakland <eric () AMERICAN EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 13:08:10 -0400

Greetings,

I am sure that this has been asked before, but does anyone have any
metrics on how many higher ed institutions have implemented 802.1x on
their wired networks and how complete those implementations have been? I'm
curious if most organizations have done it everywhere, or on just portions
of their wired networks.  If no data exists, I'll see about conducting a
survey (hopefully not just by counting posts to the list.)

Thanks in advance for any pointers or information.  Feel free to contact
me off list if you like.

Cheers,

Eric Weakland, CISSP, CISM, CRISC
Director, Information Security
Office of Information Technology
American University
eric at american.edu
202.885.2241

Emails from IT asking you to log in with a link are scams!