Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Exchange Online

From: "Everett, Alex D" <alex.everett () UNC EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 15:21:24 +0000

I am wondering if any of your organizations have sanctioned the exchange of PII or PHI via e-mail in Office 365 or are
evaluating this.
Over time, we are seeing more security controls and features added to Office 365 and wondered if any other
organizations had made this decision.
We have not yet made this decision and are not presently using Exchange Online/Outlook in Office365.
If you have or have not, or if you have a policy that you could point me to I would appreciate it.
Feel free to e-mail me directly if you don’t want to respond to all.

Sincerely,

Alex Everett, CISSP
IT Security Engineer