Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: CISSP Ethics Education

From: "Bradley, Stephen" <bradlesw () MIAMIOH EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 12:54:28 -0400

Like their website?  Legally should cover it.

Code

All information security professionals who are certified by (ISC)²
recognize that such certification is a privilege that must be both earned
and maintained. In support of this principle, all (ISC)² members are
required to commit to fully support this Code of Ethics (the "Code").
(ISC)² members who intentionally or knowingly violate any provision of the
Code will be subject to action by a peer review panel, which may result in
the revocation of certification. (ISC)² members are obligated to follow the
ethics complaint procedure upon observing any action by an (ISC)² member
that breach the Code. Failure to do so may be considered a breach of the
Code pursuant to Canon IV.

There are only four mandatory canons in the Code. By necessity, such
high-level guidance is not intended to be a substitute for the ethical
judgment of the professional.
Code of Ethics Preamble:

   - The safety and welfare of society and the common good, duty to our
   principals, and to each other, requires that we adhere, and be seen to
   adhere, to the highest ethical standards of behavior.
   - Therefore, strict adherence to this Code is a condition of
   certification.

Code of Ethics Canons:

   - Protect society, the common good, necessary public trust and
   confidence, and the infrastructure.
   - Act honorably, honestly, justly, responsibly, and legally.
   - Provide diligent and competent service to principals.
   - Advance and protect the profession.

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Hudson, Edward <ehudson () calstate edu>