Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: ADFS Experience

From: Miguel Angel Gonzalez de la Torre <mglez () ITESM MX>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 20:00:24 +0000

Hello.
We have implemented ADFS with O365, Yammer and Sharepoint 2013 without problems.
We have federated also third party applications on cloud like gartner, Success Factors and Design to Learn.

About Banner we ask ellucian to federate their portals and the answer was that they do not support SAML 2.0 natively,
so we must have to use CAS and Shivoleth.
We are evaluating this because we’re not sure if ellucian will give support on Shivoleth.

The ADFS in Windows 2012 R2 now includes Oauth and may be a way to connect with elluciand, but we haven’t tested that
yet.

Hope it helps.

Ing. Miguel Angel González de la Torre, MCC
Director Seguridad de la Información
Dirección de Tecnologías de Información
Contáctame por Lync<sip:mglez () itesm mx>

Tel.: 52 (81) 8158 2000, ext. 2936. Fax: 81 81582287
Enlace intercampus: 80-689-2936.