Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Who manages your antivirus.

From: Mike Cunningham <mike.cunningham () PCT EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 16:33:58 +0000

At Penn College it is a joint task of server group and desktop group. The server group manages the server, gets new
signature files (which is automated), and monitors the logs for issues that get reported back from clients and issues
tickets to the desktop group when sometime is discovered. Desktop installs and configures the clients, and does the
cleanup work when someone gets infected. Our server group also includes our data security person.

Mike Cunningham
Vice President of Information Technology Services/CIO
Pennsylvania College of Technology