Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Cyber Security Insurance

From: Chris Vakhordjian <chrisv () UCF EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 21:56:59 +0000

Dear (Educause) Security Professionals:

I am hoping to receive feedback from this group. We are looking at purchasing cyber security Insurance for our (public)
University.
I am curious to learn what other universities are doing in this area. If you currently have cyber security insurance,
or had, and wish to share your experiences in this area (e.g., policy provider, type of coverage/liability, etc.), I
would love to hear from you. Please email me directly if you wish to share. If I receive sufficient information to
share with others, I will sanitize/compile and send it out.
If there is already existing information on the Educause forums, please kindly point me to it.

Thank you,

Chris Vakhordjian
Information Security Officer
University of Central Florida
chrisv () ucf edu<mailto:chrisv () ucf edu>