Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: ISO27002 vs ISO27006

From: Blake Penn <BPenn () TRUSTWAVE COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 15:22:43 +0000

+1 to that.

ISO 27001 is *the* recognized global standard for an ISMS.  Here is the states it hasn’t been on the radar as much as
in the rest of the world.  With globalization, though, multi-nationals are now forcing their US business partners to
comply with this standard so the adoption of ISO 27001 is rapidly increasing here (for example, I easily do an order of
magnitude more ISO 27001 work than I did just a few years ago).  This trend will likely “bleed over” into HE over time
and one day this will be the standard in HE as well instead of the current rather ad-hoc methods of managing
information security.

Blake Penn  CISSP, PCIP, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA, QSA, ISMS Principal Auditor
Principal Consultant
t: 678.685.1277

Trustwave | SMART SECURITY ON DEMAND
www.trustwave.com<http://www.trustwave.com/>

DISCLAIMER: The views represented in this message reflect the personal opinions of the author alone and do not
neccessarily reflect the opinions of Trustwave.