Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Program: NIST, ISO, other?

From: "Shamblin, Quinn" <qrs () BU EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:05:42 +0000

Hi Bryan,

I'm happy to share what I have.  It is attached.  I haven't taken the time to map everything but a good start is there.
 If you want any of the completed policies as a starting point for any review/creation work you might be doing, I can
point you to what we have.

Another good place to go for mappings like this is the Cloud Security Alliance.
They have some good research and tools in this area that it is nice to not have to replicate:
      https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/
They created a set of controls for cloud services and mapped them to all the major security standards (ISO, NIST,
COBIT, more):
     https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/research/ccm/
They then took the controls and created a list if Y/N questions to help people evaluate them:
     https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/research/cai/
They are also working to get companies to perform a self-assessment using this tool so that the answers to all of this
before the customer asks:
     https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/star/

Quinn R Shamblin
Executive Director of Information Security, Boston University
CISM, CISSP, GCFA, PMP  -  O 617-358-6310  M 617-999-7523
Contact me securely: https://securecontact.me/qrs () bu edu