Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Oxford and Google Apps

From: David Gillett <gillettdavid () FHDA EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:52:40 +0000

From: David Opitz [mailto:dopitz () LOYOLA EDU]

It is so frustrating that when you click the "report abuse" button on a Google doc that it takes a
week for the document to get taken down.  Is Google just that slow?  Sometimes I cheer myself
up by thinking that Google is investigating the person who created the doc somehow, but I've
never heard anything that says that it the case.

  Gmail's Terms of Service prohibit its use to harass, etc, but our experience with several incidents is that it is
effectively an anonymizing proxy, thoroughly hidind the actual source of emails sent through it.  So that our ONLY
option is to report the incident to Google and HOPE they'll "deal with it".

David Gillett