Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Self Provisioned AD Domain Guest Accounts

From: Jim Pardonek <jpardonek () LUC EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 11:07:16 -0500

Good Morning,

We have a need to be able to provide a guest presenter with temporary credentials that would allow them to log in to a
classroom podium PC that is on AD. (so the whole CTRL ALT DEL, username and password thing).  The problem I am trying
to solve is that there is virtually zero support staff available at times to hand the guest the id and password.  Does
anyone know of or has implemented an automated way (Kiosk?) to be able to have the guest provide something they know to
an application and have that app send them the ID and password?  Because of the risks of not knowing who the user might
be, we are not willing to have the PC autologon.

Thanks,

Jim

James Pardonek, CISSP, CEH
Information Security Officer
Loyola University Chicago
1032 W. Sheridan Road | Chicago, IL  60660

(: (773) 508-6086