Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

FISMA Compliance

From: Jay Graham <jwg+ () PITT EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 16:02:43 -0400

Hello All,

With the relativity new restrictions placed on Federal Grants and the
use of Government data we are facing a large project to construct a
"FISMA Zone" at out data center. A question came up in our weekly
project meeting on what other schools are doing. A quick search of the
web came back with some outsourcing it, some doing it themselves, and
some offering guidance and leaving it up to the individual units to
secure the data.

I wanted to ask this list what some of you folks are doing before we go
down the path of constructing a zoned off area in our data center for this.

Thanks in advance
Jay Graham
Enterprise Architect
University of Pittsburgh