Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Google Maps offering to "map our locations"....concerns??

From: Greg Williams <gwillia5 () UCCS EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 18:10:33 +0000

They sort of go through the buildings if your sidewalk goes through the building.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&hq=UCCS&hnear=Colorado+Springs,+El+Paso,+Colorado&t=m&vpsrc=0&fll=38.892235,-104.799786&fspn=0.013444,0.013518&layer=c&cbll=38.893395,-104.80032&panoid=JBX6tSrwFBh7MRpn2mt-Dg&cbp=13,249.15,,0,-0.41&ie=UTF8&ll=38.893209,-104.800319&spn=0.000656,0.001507&z=19&source=embed

Just turn around and go through our University Center and you'll see what I mean.  Here is also an article written when
Google mapped our campus:  http://communique.uccs.edu/?p=959

Greg Williams
IT Security Principal
University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
Website: http://www.uccs.edu/itsecure