Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Nginx vs. Apache2 for web service

From: John Ladwig <John.Ladwig () SO MNSCU EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 16:20:27 +0000

I heard a recent interview with some of the OpenBSD principals that they're considering nginx as a replacement for
their forked version of Apache 1(.3?).

That suggests they think that the code is or can be made pretty secure, but doesn't necessarily speak as much for
configuration security and simplicity (though they do tend to make that a priority).  Also, the long pole in OpenBSD
tends to be concerns over 2-term BSD-compatible licensing terms.

   -jml