Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Physical HDD destruction

From: Matt Marmet <matt.marmet () ARMSTRONG EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 15:20:37 -0400

Good day,

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input. It looks like we will be
going with Destroyit’s 0101HDP.

http://www.destroyit-shredders.com/0101hdp_hard_drive_punch.html

It punches a hole though the HDD and then allows you to drop in a lower
bin. No tiny sharp pieces to contend with post destruction.

Regards,

Matt

---
Matt Marmet
Director of IT Security, CISO
Armstrong Atlantic State University
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31419
Desk: (912) 344-3528
Cell:  (912) 414-0684

Security Tip: No matter how authentic the request appears, if you are asked
in an email or via the phone to provide your password - it is a SCAM.

******* The ITS Team will NEVER, EVER, EVER ----- EVER ask for your

username and password via Email. Don't respond to any requests for
this information ******

"The lesson here is that anything that holds any data of any value must be
protected."