Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Guest Wireless Access

From: Christopher Jones <Christopher.Jones () UFV CA>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:20:16 +0000

We have a situation where we need to set up temporary wireless access for 140 guests.  This access will be limited to
Internet only.   If it were just one or two people, we would simply create a network account for them.  For obvious
reasons, we don't want to do that for such a large number of temporary users.  Has anyone faced a similar issue and
come up with a workable solution?  I would appreciate hearing from you.  Thanks.

Regards
Christopher Jones
IT Security Administrator
Information Technology Services
University of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road
Abbotsford, B.C.  V2S 7M8
604.854.4566
Christopher.Jones () ufv ca<mailto:Christopher.Jones () ufv ca>