Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Data Privacy Day Champions & Upcoming Events

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 21:29:19 +0000

If your college or university is participating in Data Privacy Day or Data Privacy Month, please contact Jolynn
Dellinger (Program Manager, National Cyber Security Alliance, jolynn () staysafeonline org<mailto:jolynn ()
staysafeonline org>). Your institution will be recognized as a Data Privacy Day Champion on NCSA's website with a logo
and link, http://www.staysafeonline.org/dpd/champions.

We have examples of several campus activities listed here:
http://www.educause.edu/blog/vvogel/DataPrivacyMonthCampusActiviti/244512

It's not too late to participate, either! We have two upcoming webinars tomorrow and January 30, plus NCSA's event on
Thursday. More details are available at: http://www.educause.edu/policy/dataprivacy
*       January 25, 1-2 pm ET: We're From the Government and We're Here to Help You:  Privacy Issues and Initiatives at
the U.S. Department of Education (Kathleen M. Styles, Chief Privacy Officer and Michael B. Hawes, Statistical Privacy
Advisor, U.S. Department of Education)
*       January 26, 9-11:45 am ET: NCSA's Data Privacy Day 2012 Forum: The Intersection of Privacy and Security
(Featuring: The Honorable Julie Brill, Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission)
*       January 30, 1-2 pm ET: lol...OMG!: What Everyone Needs to Know About Online Reputation Management
Speaker: Matt Ivester, founder of JuicyCampus and author of lol...OMG!<http://www.lolomgbook.com/> (free download of
this book is available Jan. 27-30!)

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie M. Vogel
Program Manager, EDUCAUSE
office: (202) 331-5374
e-mail: vvogel () educause edu<mailto:vvogel () educause edu>

 <http://www.educause.edu/policy/dataprivacy>
www.educause.edu/policy/dataprivacy<http://www.educause.edu/policy/dataprivacy>