Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

InCommon Certificate: Local vetting and management

From: Martin Manjak <mmanjak () ALBANY EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:32:43 -0500

We're planning on enrolling in the InCommon certificate program next FY
and staff here were wondering what vetting and management processes
other schools who have been using the service may have put in place.

Specifically, how do you vet requests for certs?

What, if any, workflow management tools do you use to track the status
of a request?

Who has the authority to submit the CSR at your institution?

Who is responsible for managing/renewing the certificate once issued?

If you prefer, you can respond off list by replying to
mmanjak () albany edu. I'll summarize any responses I receive directly for
the list.

--

Martin Manjak
CISSP, GIAC GSEC-G

The University at Albany will never ask you to reveal your password.
Please ignore all such requests.