Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

2012 Security Professionals Conference Proposal Due!

From: Jodi Ito <jodi () HAWAII EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 18:15:12 -1000

Aloha Everyone!

Just a quick reminder that the deadline to submit your proposal for the Security Professionals Conference is quickly approaching. This year's theme: "Security Everywhere: Exploring the Expanding World of Security" highlights the evolution of security in within our institutions. The explosion & infusion of mobile computing & technologies are requiring us to recalibrate our views and implementations of security during this paradigm shift. This year also marks the 10th anniversary of this conference! (What were you doing relative to security 10 years ago? :-) Times have definitely changed and so has "security".

And, new in 2012, is the co-location of Security 2012 with the Enterprise IT Leadership Conference 2012 allowing for a unique opportunity to participate and network with CIOs and senior IT leaders.

Please consider submitting your proposal to participate as a presenter to share your experiences and to help our communities to learn from each other. The deadline to submit your proposal is Friday, Dec. 16th.

Complete information about the conference and link to the Call for Proposals can be found on the EDUCAUSE website: http://www.educause.edu/SEC12

Hope to see your submittals soon!

And best wishes for a safe and happy holiday season,

Jodi Ito, Security 2012 Program Chair
Paul Howell, Security 2013 Program Chair

Jodi Ito
Information Security Officer
University of Hawaii
(808) 956-2400