Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SIEM

From: "James R. Pardonek" <pardonjr () PURDUECAL EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:03:56 -0500

We have been using the SIEM product from Enterasys Networks.  We have the same issues with log review, the appliance
has a fairly good reporting feature set, so we made a determination of what log entries were important for us to
review.  The SIEM pulls them into a report and emails it to the appropriate technical group.  Saves a lot of time and
passed our IA scrutiny.

Jim

Please let me know if there is anything additional I can assist you with to ensure the service you received today has
been excellent.

James R. Pardonek, CISSP CEH CPT
Assistant Director for Information Security and Assurance
Information Services
Purdue University Calumet
Hammond, Indiana
P: (219)989-2745