Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SIEM

From: "Ferris, Joe" <JFerris () ADMIN FSU EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:11:13 -0400

We have been using NitroSecurity (ESM) for a few years and have been very
satisfied with our deployment.  The direction of their product aligns well
with what we are trying to protect, monitor and log for compliance.  The
console is powerful and built with Flash so it is incredibly customizable...
the downside of Flash is that it takes Windows users about two weeks before
they stop trying to ³right click² everything.  We are currently logging
flows, IDS, IPS, firewalls, access logs, multiple Server Logs, NeXpose and
more into one SIEM.  Also, the underlying database has always been very fast
and reliable for us.  If you are evaluating SIEM solutions, I would suggest
adding them to the mix.

Joe Ferris
Information Security
Florida State University