Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security projects and web application firewall

From: "SCHALIP, MICHAEL" <mschalip () CNM EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:46:42 -0600

We have are in the process of implementing Symantec Endpoint Encryption on all of our employee laptops - seems to be
working quite well.  We wanted something that had "key recovery" capability, (I've dealt with too many folks going on
travel and "bricking" their systems while in other regions of the planet.)  Also allows us to "force" folks to bring
their systems in to touch the network periodically (for patches, updates, inventory, etc.)