Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: 802.1x Question

From: Guillaume Germain <ggermain () GMAIL COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 13:29:09 -0400

Implementing 802.1x on your network would likely improve your network
security greatly from what it is now... If you leave your access to
your DC open for the auth ports I still see this as a huge improvement
over what you currently have...

Also, if you do go the Guest VLAN route, you can put authentication
(using web auth) on that, so people who end up in this network are
already authenticated.

GG

Or you could just have