Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: File Hosting/Sharing Services [dropbox, mobile me, etc.]

From: Adam Nave <nave () MACALESTER EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 17:29:13 -0600

I'm not very familiar with the requirements surrounding medical data, but
the first thing that comes to mind is to just use a free file sharing
service but encrypt the files before they are uploaded. 7zip offers AES
encryption for zip and 7z files and I know there are a number of other
simple programs that do the same. You could also use a truecrypt volume.

--Adam