Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DNSSEC Implementations

From: Martin Manjak <mm376 () ALBANY EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 10:49:29 -0500

Jack,

That's a good description of our efforts as well. We are basically
re-architecting our DNS servce. For example, we have decided to separate
the authoritative and recursive functions into separate servers.

One other aspect that I will mention is working with delegated zones. If
you delegate to an internal entity, you will need to coordinate this
effort with them.

Chris, we are not using Widows DNS servers for our enterprise systems,
but others groups on campus are and your comment is helpful.

I'm curious to know what the implications are for registration systems
such as NetReg.

Marty