Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Idle and Max. Session Length in Juniper SA

From: "Clark, Joseph K" <ClarkJK () COFC EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 10:33:06 -0500

We are in the testing phases of rolling out Juniper SSL VPN to our VPN
users. One complaint we are getting with our test base is in regards to
the Idle and Max. Session timeouts. The complaint is they are too short.
We currently had it set to 30 minutes Idle and 4 hour max session limit.
Does anyone know of any standards or best practices to apply in this
case? Or what have you found to work at your institution?

Thanks,
Joseph Clark
College of Charleston