Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Degausser

From: Mike Leach <mjl9 () PSU EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:16:09 -0400

Greg,

At Penn State we purchased an EDR Solutions HDC-V hard disk crusher a few years ago. This model punches the spindle core out of the drive, breaking the case/circuit board and crumples the platters in the process. It is rather low tech, simple to use with visible results. It is not large so it is fairly portable.

http://www.edrsolutions.com

Thank you,
Mike Leach
Security Operations and Services