Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Current Best Practice regarding Password Change policy

From: Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 13:40:04 -0400

In our experience, 90 days both "crept around" the annual calendar and
frequently fell during breaks when folks were away, in the field, etc.

We currently require password changes every 122 days. I won't say the
complaints went away...

--
Best regards
-- Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College

   www.calfrye.com,  www.oberlin.edu/cit/

"Conservative governance failed, not because of a run of bad luck or a
few bad apples, but because it is deficient at its core." -- Paul Waldman.